If you’ve ever wanted to make Moussaka but been intimidated by the amount of time and effort it requires, then this Easy Moussaka recipe from CWA Victoria is for you! With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a delicious and flavourful Moussaka any night of the week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 500 g minced lamb
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200 g jar grilled eggplant ensure gluten-free, or 1 large eggplant, sliced and grilled
- 150 g feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- Heat oil in a large shallow pan and gently fry onion for 5–10 minutes, until just soft.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute, then add the mince and fry until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and cinnamon. Season well and simmer for 20 minutes, adding eggplant after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle feta and mint leaves over the top.
- Serve with a green salad and gluten-free pita breads.