Pumpkin is a nutritious and delicious vegetable full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In this recipe we put an Asian-twist on roast pumpkin with a zingy soy ginger dressing.
Ginger and Soy Roast Pumpkin
- 1 kg Japanese pumpkin sliced into 5cm-thick wedges, seeds removed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- handful coriander leaves
- GINGER AND SOY DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chang’s Hot Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges on baking trays and generously drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is soft and golden. Transfer to a serving platter.
- While pumpkin is baking, whisk together the dressing ingredients.Drizzle over baked pumpkin. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and corianderleaves. Enjoy hot or cold.