Dried apricots, sultanas and even dates are common ingredients in biscuits, but have you dried adding dried apple? In these gluten-free biscuits, we pair dried apple with walnuts and chocolate for a delicious sweet treat.
Apple And Walnut Biscuits
- 125 g dairy-free margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- ½ cup dried apples, roughly chopped
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl beat margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined, then fold through remaining ingredients, except chocolate.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on the prepared trays, leaving space between biscuits as they spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden. Cool slightly on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When biscuits have cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set before serving.