Using frozen vegetables from the supermarket saves lots of prep time in this recipe for Mediterranean Vegetable Soup With Halloumi Chips.
Mediterranean Vegetable Soup With Halloumi Chips
- 1 olive oil extra-virgin
- 500 g frozen Mediterranean vegetable mix
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 heaped teaspoons gluten-free za'atar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 750 ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 100 g halloumi
- ½ tablespoon gluten-free Za'atar
- rice bran oil, for frying.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place vegetables in a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with spices.
- Transfer vegetables to a stock pot. Add stock and bring mixture to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile prepare halloumi chips. Cut halloumi into batons 1-cm wide. Coat in Za'atar.
- Heat a generous amount of rice bran oil in a frying pan. Add halloumi and cook each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Use a stick blender to process vegetables until smooth. Divide between bowls and top with halloumi chips just before serving.