You don’t have to miss out this ANZAC Day. Our gluten-free vegan ANZAC biscuits are a free-from friendly treat everyone will enjoy.
Gluten-Free Vegan ANZAC Biscuits
- ½ cup ivory teff flour
- ½ cup tapiocca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup brown sugar firmly-packed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flours into a bowl and stir through xanthum gum, quinoa flakes, coconut and sugar.
- Place coconut oil, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan. Stir over low-heat until oil has melted. Remove from heat and add bi-carb soda.
- Pour oil mixture into flours and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on tray. If mixture is too dry to hold, add an addition 2-3 tablespoons of warm water to the mixure. Use your palm to flatten until they are 1cm thick.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes (chewy biscuit) and 20 minutes (crunchy biscuit). Remove from oven and cool on tray before serving.