Because you can never have too much chocolate, our showstopper gluten-free Easter cake is the perfect way to celebrate this Easter.
For more gluten-free chocolate recipes, check out Issue 22 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine.
Showstopper Gluten-Free Easter Cake
- 2 cups 310g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1½ cups 375g caster sugar
- ¾ cup 60g gluten-free cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 300 ml cream
- ¼ cup gluten-free cocoa powder
- 250 g Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting
- assorted gluten-free Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease two (35cm x 24cm) cake tins.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl place milk, eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine, then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir.
- Pour boiling water into the cake batter and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter between cake tins and bake in preheated oven for 15–20 minutes or until cooked through when pierced with a skewer. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- While cake cools pour cream into a mixing bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Sift cocoa into whipped cream and stir until combined.
- Spread cream over one of the cooled cakes and place the other cake on top. Spread frosting over the cakes and top with your favourite gluten-free Easter eggs before serving.