Our gluten-free vegan lasagne is packed with so many veggies you’ll think you’re eating a rainbow.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 1½ hours
600g silken firm tofu
3 handfuls baby spinach
2 tablespoons basil, shredded
Salt & pepper
2 eggplants, halved
2 red capscicums, halved and seeds removed
2 zucchinis cut into large chunks
Olive oil spray
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
800g canned gluten-free tomatoes
2 tablespoons gluten-free tomato paste
1 cup water
1 teaspoon brown sugar
¼ cup basil leaves, shredded
Salt and pepper
280g gluten-free lasagna sheets
¼ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prick the skin of the eggplants with a fork and place flat side on the baking tray. Repeat with capsicums. Bake for 40 minutes or until charred.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place in a plastic bag to cool. When cool enough to handle, gently peel away the eggplant skins and scoop the flesh into a medium sized bowl. Peel the capscicums and chop into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl with the eggplant.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini on a baking tray and spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and add to bowl with other vegetables. Use a fork to mash together. Set aside.
- Place tofu in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Remove a third of the mixture and set is aside.
- Add the spinach and basil to the remainder and pulse until combined and smooth. The mixture should be bright green. Stir through nutmeg and season to taste. Set aside.
- Make the tomato sauce by heating olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, paste, water and sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and season to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place 2 heaped spoonfuls of tomato sauce in the base of a shallow baking dish (20x25cm) and 2 spoonfuls of tofu. Top with a layer of pasta. Spoon half of the vegetables mix on top with half of the remaining tofu and spinach mixture, followed by half of the tomato sauce. Repeat with another layer of pasta and remaining spinach tofu and sauce. Top with remaining pasta and spoon the plain tofu mixture over the top. Sprinkle with gluten-free breadcrumbs and spritz with olive oil spray. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve immediately.