Having one of those nights where you just can’t be bothered making dinner? Instead of ordering take-away, give our gluten-free ginger beef a try. Yes, you still have to cook, but this recipe is easy to make and packed with flavour. Plus it will be on the table before UberEats can knock on your door!
- 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 500 g stir-fry beef strips
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 200 g snow peas
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free cornflour
- ½ cup water
- rice to serve
- Combine sauces, sugar and stock in a jug. Set aside
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté beef until brown. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion,garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute, then add mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms begin to soften. Return beef to the pan.
- Add sauce mixture. Dissolve cornflour in a little of the water to make a paste, add remaining water. Add to pan along with snow peas. Bring sauce to the boil and allow to thicken for a minute. Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.