This Spicy Red Capsicum and Chia Seed Dip not only tastes delicious, it’s good for you too!
Thanks to The Chia Co for sharing this recipe and image. Click here for more delicious chia seed recipes.
Spicy Red Capsicum and Chia Seed Dip
- 4 red capsicums halved and deseeded
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons The Chia Co black chia seeds
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- ½ teaspoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon white chia seeds
- Vegetable crudités to serve
- Place the capsicum halves, skin side up, on a baking tray and place under a hot grill. Cook for 10—12 minutes, until completely blackened.
- Meanwhile, toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the charred peppers to a bowl and cover with cling-film. Leave until cool enough to handle. Remove the blackened skin off the peppers and place the flesh in a food processor with the cumin seeds, black chia seeds, the crushed garlic and harissa paste. Blend until smooth, and then season to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with the white chia seeds, with vegetable crudités for dipping.