Have you been craving a Cherry Ripe chocolate bar since switching to a gluten-free diet? Look no further, because we have the perfect solution for you. Our Dairy-Free Cherry Ripe Slice features a chocolate biscuit base, a filling of glace cherries and coconut and a luscious layer of melted chocolate on top. We’re confident that this recipe comes pretty close to the real thing. Plus, we’ve made it dairy-free, so no one misses out.
Dairy-Free Cherry Ripe Slice
- 205 g gluten-free arrowroot biscuits
- 125 g dairy-free margarine melted
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cocoa
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 250 g fine desiccated coconut
- 400 g red glacé cherries cut into quarters
- 100 g copha melted
- pink food colouring optional
- 300 g dairy-free dark chocolate melted (ensure gluten-free)
- Place coconut milk and sugar in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-heat. Whisk until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until mixture comes to a simmer. Continue to simmer, not stirring, for 25 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the base. Place biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add melted margarine and cocoa. Stir until combined.
- Line a 18x28cm slice pan with baking paper. Press base mixture into lined pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place desiccated coconut, cherries and melted copha in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled coconut milk and a few drops of pink food colouring (if using). Stir to combine.
- Remove slice pan from fridge and firmly press coconut mixture on top of the chilled base. Return to refrigerator for a further 20 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over the slice and return to the refrigerator until set (about 40 minutes). Cut into squares to serve