Vegan meals don’t have to take an age to prepare. This flavoursome gluten-free vegan curry is on the table in just 30 minutes.
Gluten-Free Vegan Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes dried
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste gluten-free
- 400 g tomatoes gluten-free, crushed
- 420 g chickpeas gluten-free, drained
- ¼ cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled, finely chopped
- ½ cup light coconut cream
- ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped
- basmati rice to serve, optional
- pappadums to serve, optional
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala and turmeric and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, chickpeas, cauliflower, zucchini and carrot.
- Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream and cook a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice or pappadums, if using.
This gluten-free recipe first appeared in Issue 9 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine. Pick up a copy today for more guten-free in a flash dinner ideas.