Calling all ginger lovers! Your taste buds will zing with joy with our recipe for gluten-free and vegan Ginger Marmalade Biscuits.
The addition of ginger marmalade really enhances the ginger flavour in these biscuits. We’ve used Buderium Original Ginger Marmalade for this recipe, but you can use any brand available to you.
Make sure you top the biscuits with some finely chopped crystalised ginger. The crystalised ginger is sweet and slightly spicy, which complements the ginger flavour in the biscuits perfectly. It also adds a bit of texture to the soft and chewy biscuits.
Ginger Marmalade Biscuits
- 125 g dairy-free margarine
- 70 g cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 115 g Buderim Original Ginger Marmalade
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 140 g gluten-free plain flour
- 140 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 160 g gluten-free icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Buderim Naked Ginger roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric beater to cream together margarine and sugar. Then add egg and marmalade and beat until combined.
- Add ground ginger and flours to the bowl and use a wooden spoon to combine. Place mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Roll heaped spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on lined trays. Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten the balls into round discs. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool biscuits on trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When biscuits are completely cool prepare the icing by combining icing sugar and water in a bowl. Drizzle over biscuits and decorate with pieces of naked ginger. Allow icing to set before serving.