A crispy biscuit base, topped with jam and soft marshmallow dipped in melted chocolate – there’s so much to love about these gluten-free choc royals.
- 60 g dairy-free-margarine
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 16 large gluten-free marshmallows halved
- 150 g gluten-free dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add remaining biscuit ingredients and beat until combined, then use your hands to work into a dough. Form a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of biscuit batter in your hands to form a ball. Place on lined baking trays and press down gently with your fingers to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just golden. Remove from oven and cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread jam over the cooling biscuits, then place a marshmallow half on top.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Drizzle over marshmallow and biscuit until fully coated. Place on wire rack until chocolate has set.