Have you been avoiding risotto recipes because you think it means an evening spent stirring rice at the stove? Well, we have good news – it doesn’t have to be that way! With this recipe you can whip up a delicious oven-baked chicken and mushroom risotto with minimal stirring.
Oven-Baked Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 250 g Swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 160˚C fan-forced. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in 2 batches. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until onion softens. Toss through mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in rice. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until rice is glossy. Add stock and return chicken to pan. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until rice is just tender and liquid has almost been absorbed. Toss through spinach. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with lemon wedges.