With a crunchy coconut biscuit and creamy chocolate filling our gluten-free and dairy-free Kingston biscuits are just like your store-bought favourite, but without the gluten and dairy!
Dairy-Free Kingston Biscuits
- 60 g dairy-free-margarine
- 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup gluten-free icing sugar
- 100 g dairy-free chocolate
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add egg and flour and mix until combined, then use a wooden spoon to stir through coconut.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on trays 5cms apart. Use a fork to press down. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While cooling, place chocolate and margarine in a microwave-safe container and heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spoon chocolate mixture onto the flat side of one of the biscuits. Place another biscuit on top to complete the sandwich. Allow filling to set before serving.