Macadamias are one of the best food sources of healthy fats. Feel good inside and out with this delicious lemongrass beef and macadamia stir-fry.
Lemongrass beef and macadamia stir-fry
- 500 g beef fillet thinly sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks thinly sliced (bottom third only)
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 cm piece of ginger peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 4 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup oyster sauce gluten-free
- ¼ cup chicken stock gluten-free
- 1 bunch broccolini cut into thirds
- 1 cup macadamias unsalted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves torn
- Jasmine rice to serve
- Combine the beef, lemongrass, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and five-spice in a large bowl.
- Heat ¼ of the macadamia oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking.
- Add ¼ of the beef mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the beef is browned.
- Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining beef mixture and oil, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok. Add the beef mixture, oyster sauce, chicken stock and broccolini and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove wok from heat. Add the macadamias and half the basil and toss to combine.
- Spoon stir-fry among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Thanks to the Australian Macadamia Society for this recipe and image. For more delicious recipes with macadamias pick up a copy of Issue 5 today.