Gluten-Free Chocolate Pots
These gluten-free chocolate pots are lovely and light with a smooth, silky texture, so you can indulge your chocolate cravings guilt-free.
Prep Time 15 minutes + refrigerating time
3 tablespoons Splenda
1½ tablespoons gluten-free cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
½ cup (125 ml) boiling water
2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
1 x 375 ml tin reduced-fat evaporated milk
- Combine the Splenda, cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and blend until smooth.
- In another small heatproof bowl, combine the remaining boiling water with the gelatine and leave for 1 minute until it becomes spongy. Stir briskly with a fork until the gelatine dissolves, then set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the cocoa mixture.
- Place the evaporated milk in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters for 1–2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Fold in the cocoa mixture with a metal spoon, mixing it until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a jug and stir to combine.
- Immediately pour the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into four ½ cup (125 ml) capacity serving pots or glasses. Cover with plastic film and chill in the fridge for 4–5 hours until set.
- Dust with extra cocoa powder and serve.
This recipe has been extracted from the book The CSIRO and Baker IDI Diabetes Recipe Book, by the Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute and CSIRO, published by Penguin, RRP $35.00.