These gluten-free raspberry and cherry choc muffins by Kate Crocker make a tasty lunchbox treat or after-school snack.
Gluten-Free Raspberry and Cherry Choc Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 425 g raspberries canned, drained
- 425 g pitted cherries canned, retaining liquid
- 130 g brown sugar
- 75 g tapioca flour
- 115 g sorghum flour
- 90 g brown rice flour
- 30 g baking powder
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 15 g baking cocoa
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free icing mixture to dust
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C. Grease and line 16 cavities in half-cup (125ml) capacity muffin trays.
- Beat the eggs on medium speed in an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a blender or stick mixer, purée the drained raspberries and cherries.
- Sift the flours, xanthan gumver the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean.
- When completely cool, dust with a little icing mixture before serving.
Thanks to Kate Crocker from Gluten-Free Lunchboxes for sharing her recipe for Gluten-Free Raspberry and Cherry Choc Muffins. Kate’s first e-cookbook is now available. It’s packed with tasty recipes the whole family will enjoy.