Gluten-Free Raspberry and Cherry Choc Muffins
These gluten-free raspberry and cherry choc muffins by Kate Crocker make a tasty lunchbox treat or after-school snack.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
425g can of raspberries, drained
425g can of pitted cherries, retaining liquid
130g brown sugar
75g tapioca flour
115g sorghum flour
90g brown rice flour
30g baking powder
3 teaspoons xanthan gum
15g baking cocoa
125ml sunflower oil
1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
2 teaspoons gluten-free icing mixture, to dust
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C. Grease and line 16 cavities in half-cup (125ml) capacity muffin trays.
- Beat the eggs on medium speed in an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a blender or stick mixer, purée the drained raspberries and cherries.
- Sift the flours, xanthan gumver the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean.
- When completely cool, dust with a little icing mixture before serving.
Thanks to Kate Crocker from Gluten-Free Lunchboxes for sharing her recipe for Gluten-Free Raspberry and Cherry Choc Muffins. Kate’s first e-cookbook is now available. It’s packed with tasty recipes the whole family will enjoy.