These tomato relish and corn muffins are a delicious dairy-free cross between savory muffin and cornbread, making them a versatile treat that can be enjoyed as a snack or served as a side dish with any meal.
Tomato Relish And Corn Muffins
- 265 g fine polenta
- 80 g gluten-free plain flour
- 2½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ bunch coriander roughly chopped
- 125 g creamed corn
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free margarine melted
- ¼ cup gluten-free tomato relish
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line 10 x holes of a muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place polenta, flour, baking powder,paprika and coriander in a large bowl.
- In a jug combine corn, milk, eggs and margarine. Whisk to combine, then pour the contents of the jug into the dry ingredients and stir gently.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cases. Place a dollop of relish on top of each muffin and use a knife or skewer to swirl relish through the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until firm and golden.