Whether you’re looking for a decadent breakfast or a light, chocolatey dessert our gluten-free Chocolate Crepes are just the thing for starting or finishing your day!
We’ve used almond milk in this recipe to keep the crepes dairy-free. However, you can substitute with regular cow’s milk or your favourite dairy-free alternative.
- ¾ cup gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- Canola spray oil to cook the crepes
- Fresh raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Whipped coconut cream, to serve (optional)
- Gluten-free chocolate sauce, to serve (optional)
- Sift flour, salt and cocoa into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add to flour mixture and whisk until smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a crepe pan over medium heat, spray with oil spray.
- Pour ¼-⅓ cup of batter into pan, swirl to coat. Cook crepe for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, remove and keep warm. Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings. We like fresh raspberries and whipped coconut cream.
Chocolate Crepe recipe by Sandra Basic and photo by Brandee Meier.