Indulge in the creamy and rich texture of our Dairy-Free Chocolate Tart with a surprising ingredient. What’s the surprise, you ask? It’s the versatile avocado! Yes, you read that right. Adding avocado to this dairy-free chocolate tart creates a creamy filling that will impress (and surprise) your guests.
Not only is this tart dairy-free but it can also be made vegan-friendly by using an egg replacer such as Orgran No Egg Egg Replacer, which is available in health food stores. If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that caters to various dietary needs, our Dairy-Free Chocolate Tart is the perfect choice. So go ahead and treat yourself and your guests to this delightful and satisfying dessert that they’ll be talking about long after the last bite.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Tart
- ¾ cup gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 100 g dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, or vegan egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 medium avocados peeled and seeds removed
- ½ cup gluten-free cocoa powder
- 270 ml tin coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 strawberries hulled, to serve
- Crushed pistachios to serve (optional)
- To prepare base preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease and line a small loaf pan (23 x 12 x 7cm).
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl set aside.
- Whip margarine and caster sugar until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir through raw sugar.
- Pour cocoa mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture onto prepared tray, use your hands to flatten. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on tray.
- When cool, break up mixture with your hands and transfer to a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press mixture into the base of prepared loaf tin and halfway up the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- To prepare filling, place ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture evenly into the loaf pan and press strawberries hulled side down into the filling. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove tart from refrigerator 10 minutes before you’re ready to serve. Sprinkle with pistachios, if desired.
Discover more dairy-free delicacies in our exclusive recipe section. You’ll be amazed by the variety of tastes and textures that dairy-free cooking has to offer.