Say goodbye to the mess and hassle of traditional lamington recipes – get ready to make a delicious, gluten-free version in a fraction of the time! Our gluten-free lamington slice eliminates the need for dipping and rolling, making it easier than ever to enjoy the classic taste of lamingtons.
- 130 g butter or dairy-free margarine plus extra to grease
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup lactose-free milk
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- ½ tablespoon butter or dairy-free margarine melted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 20x30cm (base) lamington pan with baking paper.
- Place butter and vanilla in a bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until creamy. Add sugar and eggs and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add half of the flour along with half of the milk, beat to combine, then repeat with remaining flour and milk. Add coconut and stir until mixed through.
- Pour batter into lined pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add boiling water and melted butter and stir until combined and smooth. Spread over slice. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Set aside until icing is set, before slicing to serve.