Frozen Yoghurt Bark has certainly grown in popularity over recent years. Yoghurt bark’s popularity is due in part to its versatility and customisation options. With so many different flavor combinations and toppings to choose from, there is a yoghurt bark recipe to suit everyone’s taste preferences and dietary needs.
This Papaya Frozen Yoghurt Bark has been sweetened with maple syrup and contains fresh papaya pieces, frozen raspberries and crushed pistachios. Yum!
Thanks to Australian Papaya for sharing this recipe. For my recipes and tips visit www.australianpapaya.com.au.
Papaya Frozen Yoghurt Bark
- 2 cups Greek or natural yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1– 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 300 g peeled papaya
- 1 cup frozen raspberries 130g
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios 35g
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Dice the papaya – chop half finely (1cm pieces) and the other half roughly (2-3cm pieces), you should have about 2 cups total.
- Combine yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl. Add syrup or honey to taste, then stir through half the finely chopped papaya.
- Spread papaya yoghurt mixture over the prepared pan in an even layer. Top with raspberries, pistachios and remaining papaya.
- Freeze 2 – 4 hours until firm. Cut or break yoghurt bark into bite-sized pieces and serve immediately,or store in a freezer bag for a quick treat.
- You could replace the natural yoghurt with an equal quantity of your favourite vanilla yoghurt and leave out the syrup and extract, or substitute with coconut yoghurt for a dairy-free treat.
- For a thicker Papaya Frozen Yoghurt Bark use a smaller pan.