This red papaya salad with pan-fried haloumi is a delicious and refreshing dish that combines the sweet flavour of ripe red papaya with the salty goodness of pan-fried haloumi cheese. This salad is not only easy to make but also a healthy and nutritious option that is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish at a BBQ.
Thanks to Australian Papaya for sharing this recipe. For my recipes and tips visit www.australianpapaya.com.au.
Red Papaya Salad with Pan Fried Haloumi
- 1 medium red papaya – peeled deseeded, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 g haloumi cheese thickly sliced
- 1 small butter lettuce washed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- cracked pepper to season
- Blend ½ cup papaya with all dressing ingredients to form a smooth dressing.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat, cook haloumi for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Arrange lettuce on four plates. Top with haloumi, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint, and remaining papaya chunks. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with dressing before serving. Season with cracked black pepper