Thanks to Brenda De La Piedra from One Hungry Mami for providing the recipe for this delicious raw fig tart with orange blossom custard. For more of Brenda’s delicious recipes visit http://onehungrymami.com/
Raw Fig Tart with Orange Custard
- 6-8 fresh figs chopped
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 8 dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Himalayan pink salt a pinch of
- 2¼ cups raw cashews soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1½ tsp orange blossom water
- ½ cup liquid sweetener of choice I used coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- ¼– ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy lecithin** granules, optional-read note
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and process until it resembles fine crumbs and mixture can hold together & you can form a ball.
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender, except the water and lecithin. Process until super smooth.
- If mixture is having trouble blending, add the water, starting with 1/4 cup first. This may be all you need. You want it to be a thick custard like consistency.
- Once it’s super smooth, and you are happy with the consistency, add the lecithin and blend again.
- Taste it and adjust the flavours if needed (more orange water if you want it a bit stronger, more sweetener if not sweet enough, e.t.c)
- Pour the custard into the prepared tin and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- When you are half an hour away from serving, take it out of the freezer and arrange the fresh figs on top.