Raspberry flummery is a sweet, old-fashioned dessert made with jelly and evaporated milk. Your family will thank you for bringing this classic back to family meal times.
- 2 x 85g packets raspberry flavoured jelly
- 2 cups 500ml boiling water
- 200 ml cold water
- 375 ml evaporated milk
- dollop cream to serve (optional)
- crushed freeze-dried raspberries to serve (optional)
- Place 1 x 85g packet of jelly in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until crystals have dissolved. Add cold water and stir to combine. Pour jelly mixture into a large glass serving bowl. Place in refrigerator until set.
- When jelly layer has set. Place remaining jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until crystals have dissolved, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until jelly has thickened but not set.
- Place evaporated milk in a large mixing bowl. Add thick jelly and beat with an electric mixer until it has doubled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the top of the set jelly, cover and refrigerate until fi rm, about 2 hours.
- To serve, pipe dollop cream around the outside of the flummery and sprinkle with dried raspberries, if desired.