The creamy and nutty flavours of coconut and rice pair perfectly with sweet toppings like fresh fruit and maple syrup, making our vegan coconut rice a delicious and satisfying morning meal. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making it a great option for meal prepping or busy mornings.
Vegan Coconut Rice
- 190 g arborio rice
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 65 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- fruit to serve (optional)
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Transfer coconut rice to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Divide coconut rice between bowls and serve topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup, if desired.