A quick and easy weeknight stir-fry. Our gluten-free garlic pepper steak will be on the table in 30 minutes.
Gluten-Free Garlic Pepper Steak
- 450 g rump steak sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons rice-bran oil
- 1 brown onion sliced into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red capsicum halved and sliced into strips
- 2 birds eye chilies seeds removed and sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper cracked
- 400 g button mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- Rice or rice noodles to serve
- Heat wok or large saucepan over high heat. Add half of the oil and swirl to coat. Heat until hot.
- Sauté one third of the steak for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned and just cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining two batches.
- Heat remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, capsicum, chili and pepper.
- Stir-fry for two minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for a further two minutes.
- Return steak to the wok. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring sauce to the boil and allow to thicken for 1 minute before serving.
- Serve the gluten-free free garlic pepper steak with white rice or rice noodles.
Photography: Brandee Meier