You can put Friday evening fish & chips back on the menu with our delicious gluten-free beer batter.
Gluten-Free Beer Battered Fish
- 1½ cups plain flour gluten-free, plus extra to coat
- 1½ cups pale ale gluten-free
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 flathead fillets large boneless
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Baked potato or chips to serve
- Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add beer and baking powder and stir to combine. Do not over beat.
- Coat each fish fillet in a little extra flour, then tip into batter and coat well. Shake of any excess batter.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Carefully place each fillet in the hot oil and fry for 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet) until the batter is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper before serving.
- Serve immediately with baked potato or chips.
Gluten-Free Beer Battered Fish: Image Brandee Meier
This recipe first appeared in Issue 3 of Australia Gluten-Free Life. For more delicious gluten-free recipes pick up a copy of Issue 3 from our store today.