This Vegan Thai Coconut Curry will win you over with its medley of big, bold, savoury flavours.
Vegan Thai Coconut Curry Bowls
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 11/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free red Thai curry paste
- 400 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 11/2 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 lime zested, then cut into wedges
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g extra-firm tofu pressed, drained and cubed
- 225 g green beans trimmed
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 455 g zucchini noodles
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- roasted unsalted peanuts chopped
- chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir to coat, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock, and lime zest, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and green beans and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the tamari, and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli.
- To serve, divide the zucchini noodles among bowls. Top with tofu and green beans, broccoli, and cabbage. Pour the curry sauce over the top, sprinkle with peanuts and coriander, and add a squeeze of lime juice.