A combination of mayonnaise, lemon, tomato purée and spices are combined to give these pork chops maximum flavour.
Pork Chops & Butter Bean Mash
- 50 g mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Turkish pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops 250g each
- 1 tablespoon olive oi
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 800g tinned butter beans drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- rocket to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the mayonnaise, half the lemon juice, the tomato purée, Turkish pepper flakes, black pepper and a good pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add the chops and rub the marinade all over them. Place onto a grill rack and grill for 3–4 minutes each side until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30–60 seconds until fragrant. Tip in the beans and 70ml (about 5 tablespoons) of just-boiled water. Add the cumin and plenty of salt and pepper. Mash together. You can go as smooth as you like. I like creamy with a little texture. If the beans look too dry, add a little more water – 2–4 teaspoons should do it.
- To serve, divide the mash between four plates and top each one with a chop. I like to add a little salt to the meat at this stage. Serve immediately with a handful of rocket.