Potato salad has a special place in our hearts because it’s like a comforting hug on a plate. First off, it’s super versatile, you can make it your own with your favourite ingredients. Plus, those creamy potatoes are like little clouds of comfort, and they soak up all the flavours around them, making every bite a burst of yumminess. And let’s not forget the nostalgia – it’s often a staple at family gatherings and BBQs, so it brings back fond memories. Whether you like it tangy, creamy, or loaded with extras like bacon or pickles, potato salad is a simple, down-to-earth dish that’s hard not to love. It’s basically happiness in a bowl!
Our recipe for Gluten-Free Salmon Potato Salad is bursting with fresh flavours. Thinly sliced radish adds a peppery crunch, while the addition of canned salmon (use red salmon for the ultimate indulgence) elevates this salad from a BBQ side-dish to a filling lunch.
The Unforgettable Dressing
What makes this dish truly sing is the unforgettable dressing. A creamy blend of mayonnaise and zesty Dijon mustard forms the foundation, while a splash of white wine vinegar and a hint of lemon juice add layers of complexity. With just the right balance of salt and pepper, this dressing unites the ingredients in a mouthwatering harmony that’s nothing short of extraordinary.
Looking for something a little lighter? If you’re not making this salad for dairy-free guests, you can use Greek yoghurt in place of mayonnaise.
Freshness From The Garden
Fresh herbs in this recipe are a game-changer. When you sprinkle in some chopped dill and toss in chives, it’s like a flavour explosion in the salad. These unassuming green additions might seem small, but they pack a flavourful punch.
Versatility for Every Occasion
What truly sets the gluten-free Salmon Potato Sald apart is its versatility. Whether you’re planning a picnic, a backyard barbecue, or a quiet dinner at home, this salad effortlessly adapts to any setting. And with the freedom to customise it to your taste, the possibilities are endless.
Salmon Potato Salad
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 120 g bag of baby spinach and rocket
- 400 g can pink or red salmon drained, flaked, skin and bones removed
- 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool. When cool, slice into wedges.
- In a separate saucepan boil eggs until yolk is cooked to your liking. Plunge in ice cold water to cool. When cool enough to handle peel and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Season to taste, then set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, place spinach and rocket leaves, salmon, sliced radishes, herbs and cooled potatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Arrange egg wedges on the top of salad and serve.