As the holiday season approaches and the air fills with anticipation and joy, there’s no better time to unveil a culinary masterpiece that will undoubtedly take centre stage at your festive gatherings: Roast Pork with Gluten-Free Stuffing, a showstopper tailor-made for the grandeur of Christmas lunch or any special occasion deserving of an extraordinary feast.
This recipe isn’t merely for a run-of-the-mill roast, with a gluten-free stuffing that boasts crunchy macadamias intermingling with the sweet, chewy goodness of dried peaches.
In a world where dietary restrictions often seem like compromises, this stuffing is a testament to the fact that gluten-free doesn’t need to be flavour-free. It’s not just an accompaniment; it’s a flavour-packed companion that elevates a roast pork loin to an extraordinary level, leaving a lasting impression on even the most discerning palates.
NEVER-FAIL PORK CRACKLING
Every roast enthusiast dreams of achieving the perfect pork crackling, and with the right techniques, you can turn it from an aspiration to a culinary triumph. The secret to a never-fail pork crackle lies in preparation and patience.
Start with a dry and scored pork skin; the drier, the better. Before roasting, a generous sprinkling of salt on the skin is vital in drawing out moisture, creating the ideal conditions for that coveted crispy finish. Ensure your oven is scorching hot, as a high temperature is the catalyst for that audible crunch. During the cooking process, resist the temptation to open the oven door too frequently, letting the magic happen undisturbed. Follow these steps, and you’ll be rewarded with pork crackling perfection
DON’T FORGET YOUR FAVOURITE SIDES
This recipe for roast pork with gluten-free stuffing pairs perfectly with your favorite vegetable sides. It’s delicious with mashed potatoes or crispy baked potatoes (like those pictured – here’s the recipe). Steamed green beans, maple-glazed carrots or parsnips or even roasted tomatoes make great sides too.
So, grab your apron, channel your inner chef, and get ready to make a statement at your festive gathering. Your roast pork with gluten-free stuffing is about to steal the spotlight and become the must-have dish on every holiday menu. Let the festive feasting commence!
Looking for other pork recipes? Click here to few more gluten-free meal ideas where pork is the hero.
Rolled Pork With Gluten-Free Stuffing
- 2 kg pork loin with rind untied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 slices stale gluten-free bread roughly chopped to make chunky bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- ½ cup macadamias finely chopped
- ½ cup dried peaches finely chopped
- 3 sage leaves thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the stuffing, place gluten-free bread in a food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion and macadamias and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened. Allow to cool slightly then transfer to the bowl containing the breadcrumbs.
- Add remaining stuffing ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pat pork loin dry with paper towel, then place on a wire rack in the kitchen sink. Pour a jug of boiling water over the rind, then use paper towel to pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lay pork, skin-side down, on a chopping board. Spoon stuffing mixture down the centre of the pork, then roll firmly and tie securely with kitchen twine.
- Rub skin with oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Place pork onto a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and cook for a further 1 hour and 30 minutes (allow 45 minutes per kilo) or until cooked through. Transfer pork to a large plate for serving.