Budget Friendly Bolognese Pasta Bake
Gluten-free meals don’t have to be made with hard-to-pronounce, expensive ingredients. The whole family will enjoy our budget friendly bolognese pasta bake and so will your bank account.
Swtiching regular mince to kangaroo mince, not only saves you money it also contains more protein and is leaner than mince made from beef, lamb or pork.
Our budget friendly bolognese pasta bake is a great introduction to kangaroo meat and can fool even the fussiest of eaters.
- 500g Buontempo gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g kangaroo mince
- 700g gluten-free passata
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 250g shredded pizza cheese
- 100g grated parmesan
- Garden salad, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease a large 3L casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add mince and sauté until brown. Add passata and water, stir to combine and gently simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Stir through cooked penne. Remove from heat and add eggs, parsley and half of the pizza and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cheese, then top with remaining pasta mix. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is golden. Remove from oven and serve hot or cold with a garden salad if desired.
The Budget Friendly Bolognese Pasta Bake recipe first appeared in Issue 14 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine as Bolognese Pasta bake.
For more budget friendly gluten-free recipes pick up a copy today.
Budget Friendly Bolognese Pasta Bake recipe by Cara Boatswain, photography by Brandee Meier.