If you’re searching for a gluten-free meal that’s both tasty and affordable, you’ll be happy to know that you don’t have to resort to hard-to-find or expensive ingredients. Our budget-friendly pasta bake is made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients that won’t break the bank.
One of the keys to keeping this dish affordable is the use of kangaroo mince in place of traditional beef, lamb, or pork. Not only is kangaroo mince less expensive, but it is also leaner and contains more protein than other types of mince. This makes it an excellent option for those looking to make more healthful choices without spending a lot of money.
Our recipe for budget-friendly pasta bake is a great way to introduce kangaroo meat to your family. Even the pickiest eaters will enjoy the delicious flavour of this dish. Plus, it’s a great way to add variety to your weekly meal plan while keeping costs low.
Why not give our budget-friendly pasta bake a try today? You’ll be treating your taste buds to a flavourful and satisfying meal while also keeping your wallet happy.
Budget Friendly Pasta Bake
- 500 g Buontempo gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g kangaroo mince
- 700 g gluten-free passata
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 250 g shredded pizza cheese
- 100 g grated parmesan
- Garden salad to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large 3L casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add mince and sauté until brown. Add passata and water, stir to combine and gently simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Stir through cooked penne. Remove from heat and add eggs, parsley and half of the pizza and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cheese, then top with remaining pasta mix. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is golden. Remove from oven and serve hot or cold with a garden salad if desired.
The Budget Friendly Bolognese Pasta Bake recipe first appeared in Issue 14 of Australian Gluten-Free Life magazine as Bolognese Pasta bake.
For more budget friendly gluten-free recipes pick up a copy today.
Budget Friendly Bolognese Pasta Bake recipe by Cara Boatswain, photography by Brandee Meier.