Craving a creamy pasta? Our gluten-free chicken & leek fettucine will hit the spot. Best of all, it’s ready to serve in just 25 minutes.
Gluten-Free Chicken & Leek Fettucine
- 500 g gluten-free fettucine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 500 g chicken breast fillets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour
- 20 g finely grated Parmesan
- freshly ground pepper to serve (optional)
- micro-herbs or flat-leaf parsley to serve (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to directions on the packet. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken on both sides, until cooked through (about 5 minutes). Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and saute leek until it begins to soften. Return chicken to the pan along with cooked pasta.
- In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock, egg yolks and thickened cream, cornflour and parmesan. Pour mixture into frying pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until sauce coats the pasta and chicken. Top with freshly ground pepper and herbs before serving, if desired.