Cream, cheese and bacon – our roasted cauliflower & bacon soup is the ultimate comfort food when the weather cools.
Roasted Cauliflower & Bacon Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 divided large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 rashers gluten-free bacon, rind removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 litres gluten-free vegetable stock
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 150 ml cream Fresh thyme, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place cauliflower in a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until soft, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon in a saucepan until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan but keep fat in pan.
- Add garlic and onion to bacon fat and sauté over medium-high heat until onion is soft, but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, baked cauliflower and vegetable stock to the saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until potato is soft.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to process until smooth. Stir through cream, cheese and ¾ of cooked bacon.
- Divide soup between bowls. Serve topped with remaining bacon and a few sprigs of thyme.