(Gluten-Free Cheese Puffs)
Looking for a delicious and gluten-free appetizer to impress your guests? Look no further than these irresistible Gougères de Bourgogne (gluten-free cheese puffs)! These cheesy, light, and airy puffs hailing from the Burgundy region of France are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
But what makes these gougères gluten-free? Traditionally made with wheat flour, we’ve swapped it out for a blend of gluten-free plain and self-raising flours that delivers the same perfect texture and flavour. Whether you have coeliac disease, are gluten intolerant, avoiding wheat products or simply want to try a new twist on this classic French recipe, these gluten-free gougères are the perfect choice.
Get ready to impress your guests with this easy-to-follow recipe that will leave them wanting more!
GOUGÈRES de Bourgogne (Gluten-Free Cheese Puffs)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1½ cups gluten-free plain flour
- ½ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 125 g grated Gruyère or Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place water and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until butter has melted. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add flours and stir until mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one and at time, beating well after each addition. Add cheese and continue to stir until melted through dough.
- Roll dough into small golf ball-sized balls and place on baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed up.