Have you been looking for a gluten-free blueberry bagel recipe? Well look no further! This easy to follow recipe will have you enjoying warm and delicious gluten-free blueberry bagels in no time. With delightful sweet and tart flavors, these bagels make a perfect morning treat or snack.
- 7 g (1 sachet) dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1½ cups warm water
- 3½ cups gluten-free plain flour we used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon KFibre or psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until mixture has begun to foam.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and KFibre in a large bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and add yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Add blueberries and gently knead into the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball then press your finger into the middle of the ball to create a hole. Use your thumbs to stretch the hole to your desired size. Place on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly with you palm.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, and using a slotted spoon place the bagels into the water. Boil until bagels rise to the top. Remove and return to the lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle the tops of each bagel with sugar, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.