Calling all chocoholics. Our irresistible gluten-free chocolate custard tarts add a chocolate twist to the classic custard tart.
Chocolate Custard Tart
- 12 store-bought gluten-free sweet pastry shells
- 125 ml cream
- 50 ml milk
- 50 g gluten-free dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- gluten-free cocoa to serve (optional)
- whipped cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and arrange pastry shells on a large baking tray.
- Place cream, milk and dark chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, turn off heat and whisk mixture until chocolate has melted. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together egg yolks, vanilla and sugar. Pour into the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Carefully pour mixture into pastry shells and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until chocolate filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve dusted with cocoa and whipped cream (if desired).