With oats a no-no on a gluten-free diet, traditional Anzac Biscuits can be a challenge. Thankfully the clever folk at 123 Gluten-Free have come up with a solution for delicious gluten-free ANZAC biscuits.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
1 cup gluten-free plain flour
1 cup gluten-free cereal (we used rice flakes)
⅔ cup desiccated coconut
⅔ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons boiling water
½ teaspoon gluten-free bi-carb soda
2 tablespoons golden syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, sifted flour, coconut & brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and golden syrup and stir over a gentle heat until melted.
- Mix the baking soda with boiling water in a small bowl and add it to the melted butter mixture.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Lightly grease two oven trays.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook in a slow oven for 20 minutes at 150oC.
- Loosen while warm, then cool on racks.
Thanks to 123 Gluten-Free for this recipe.