With oats a no-no on a gluten-free diet, traditional Anzac Biscuits can be a challenge. Thankfully the clever folk at 123 Gluten-Free have come up with a solution for delicious gluten-free ANZAC biscuits.
Gluten-Free ANZAC Biscuits
- 1 cup plain flour gluten-free
- 1 cup cereal gluten-free, we used rice flakes
- ⅔ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, sifted flour, coconut & brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and golden syrup and stir over a gentle heat until melted.
- Mix the baking soda with boiling water in a small bowl and add it to the melted butter mixture.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Lightly grease two oven trays.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook in a slow oven for 20 minutes at 150oC.
- Loosen while warm, then cool on racks.
Thanks to 123 Gluten-Free for this recipe.