Our gluten-free coconut cookies are a delicious afternoon treat. Drizzled with gluten-free dark chocolate, they’re dairy-free too!
Gluten-Free Coconut Cookies
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup self-raising flour gluten-free
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 200 g dark chocolate gluten-free
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to rub ingredients together.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of dough into a ball and flatten between your palms.
- Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Cool on tray for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave. Spoon into a sandwich bag, snip off one end and drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
The recipe for Gluten-Free Coconut Cookies is by Cara Boatswain. Photography by Brandee Meier.