Make the most of mandarin season with this delicious dairy-free, gluten-free mandarin cake.
Gluten-Free Mandarin Cake
- 3-4 mandarins
- 6 eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 250 g almond meal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a deep 20-25cm cake tin.
- Boil mandarins in a large pot of water for about 1-11/2 hours, until soft.
- Cool, remove pips and pure, skin and flesh until smooth.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and pale, about 6 minutes.
- Add mandarin puree, almond meal and baking powder.
- With an electric beater on low, mix until combined.
- Spread batter into greased cake tin and bake for 55-60 minutes or until firm on top.
- Cool the cake completely in tin, before removing.
This gluten-free recipe is extracted from Issue 5 of Australian Gluten-Free Life. For more delicious gluten-free cake recipes pick up a copy today.
Gluten-Free Mandarin Cake recipe by Sandra Basic. Image by Brandee Meier.