Make the most of mandarin season with this delicious dairy-free, gluten-free mandarin cake.
Makes 1 Cake
Prep Time 90 minutes
Cooking Time 60 minutes
200g caster sugar
250g almond meal
1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a deep 20-25cm cake tin.
- Boil mandarins in a large pot of water for about 1-11/2 hours, until soft. Cool, remove pips and pure, skin and flesh until smooth.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and pale, about 6 minutes. Add mandarin puree, almond meal and baking powder. With an electric beater on low, mix until combined.
- Spread batter into greased cake tin and bake for 55-60 minutes or until firm on top.
- Cool the cake completely in tin, before removing.
This gluten-free recipe is extracted from Issue 5 of Australian Gluten-Free Life. For more delicious gluten-free cake recipes pick up a copy today.
Gluten-Free Mandarin Cake recipe by Sandra Basic. Image by Brandee Meier.