This gluten-free recipe looks impressive but is easy to prepare with left-over rice.
Gluten-Free Stuffed Squid
- 4 squid tubes cleaned, medium
- 1 cup jasmine rice cooked
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 250 g green prawns peeled and diced
- 2 anchovy fillets chopped
- 1 lemon zested, then cut in half
- Olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Clean squid tubes. Remove any tentacles, spine and outer skin. Rinse under cold water and drain on paper towel.
- In a bowl combine rice, coriander, garlic, chilli, prawns, anchovy and lemon zest.
- Stuff mixture into squid tubes leaving 2.5cms at the end unfilled. Secure end with a toothpick.
- Heat a large saucepan coated with olive oil spray over medium-heat.
- Add squid tubes and cook on each side until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the prepared tray and place squid tubes on top.
- Spray with olive oil spray and place remaining lemon half on top.
- Cover with aluminium and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn squid. Return to oven, still covered for another 10 minutes.
- Remove aluminium foil from squid and squeeze baked lemon over the top of the squid tubes. Return to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until squid is cooked. Serve immediately.
Gluten-Free Stuffed Squid Image: Brandee Meier