Comfort food doesn’t have to mean hours spent in the kitchen. This delicious gluten-free sweet potato soup is thick and rich, but ready in just 20 minutes.
Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 520 g sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 500 ml water
- ½ vegetable stock cube gluten-free
- 400 ml light coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add sweet potato, ginger, curry powder, water and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Remove from heat and puree with hand blend until smooth.
- Return saucepan to medium-heat. Add coconut milk.
- Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Allow to heat through. Serve with gluten-free bread if desired.
Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut first appeared in Issue One as Coco Sweet Potato Soup. For more delicious soup recipes pick up a copy of Issue 5 today.
Image by Brandee Meier.