These Gluten-Free Vegemite Scrolls are fun to make and are a tasty addition to any gluten-free lunchbox.
Gluten-Free Vegemite Scrolls
- 400 g white bread mix gluten-free
- 2½ tablespoons Vegemite gluten-free
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Prepare the dough and set aside to proof according to directions on the packet.
- Pre-heat oven to 220˚C and line a baking tray (31 x 25cm) with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll into a long sausage.
- Place each sausage of dough on the lined tray and use your fingers to lightly press down so the top is flat.
- Spread a teaspoon of Vegemite along the top of each piece of dough and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Fold a small amount of dough in from one end and create a scroll by rolling along until you reach the end of the strip of dough.
- Lightly coat with olive oil spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
This recipe first appeared in Australian Gluten-Free Life Issue Four. Pick up a copy today for more gluten-free lunchbox ideas.