Gluten-Free Vegemite Scrolls
These Gluten-Free Vegemite Scrolls are fun to make and are a tasty addition to any gluten-free lunchbox.
Prep Time 15 minutes + proofing time
Cooking Time 15 minutes
400g gluten-free white bread mix
2½ tablespoons Gluten-Free Vegemite
½ cup grated tasty cheese
Olive oil spray
- Prepare the dough and set aside to proof according to directions on the packet.
- Pre-heat oven to 220˚C and line a baking tray (31 x 25cm) with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll into a long sausage.
- Place each sausage of dough on the lined tray and use your fingers to lightly press down so the top is flat. Spread a teaspoon of Vegemite along the top of each piece of dough and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Fold a small amount of dough in from one end and create a scroll by rolling along until you reach the end of the strip of dough. Lightly coat with olive oil spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
This recipe first appeared in Australian Gluten-Free Life Issue Four. Pick up a copy today for more gluten-free lunchbox ideas.