Qukes® are baby cucumbers roughly half the size of regular cucumbers. They’re perfect for little hands to snack and great for back-to-school and work lunch boxes.
They’re also perfect for adding to salads, like in this recipe for Tomato, Quke & Pomegranate Salad.
Tomato, Quke & Pomegranate Salad
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g medley tomatoes halved if large
- 250 g Qukes® thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 pomegranate halved, seeds removed
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 150 g labne, drained see notes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Put the pepita seeds and oil into a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook,shaking pan for 3-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat, add the chilli flakes to the warm pan, toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, Qukes®, pomegranate seeds, parsley and pepita mixture onto a large platter and toss gently. Drop spoonfuls of labne evenly over the salad.
- For the dressing, whisk the ingredients together until well combined.Season then spoon over the salad. Serve.