Our gluten-free soy and ginger fish is a simple and healthy dish that is packed with flavour. Steaming the fish results in tender and flaky flesh that is infused with the bold and aromatic flavors of gluten-free soy sauce, ginger and sherry. Serve fish in bowls over steamed rice. Garnish with sliced spring onions and a drizzle of the cooking liquid.
Soy and Ginger Fish
- 4 x 200g firm white fish fillets
- handful coriander leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 spring onions sliced, to serve (optional)
- steamed rice to serve (optional)
- GINGER SAUCE
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup gluten-free oyster sauce
- 10 cm piece ginger grated
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper and carefully place steamer over saucepan.
- Pat fish dry and arrange on baking paper. Place lid on steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes, or until flesh flakes when pierced with a knife.
- While fish is steaming prepare the ginger sauce by combining ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until combined and heated through.
- Serve fish in bowls of steamed rice. Drizzle with ginger sauce and top with sliced spring onions and coriander, if desired.