As the weather cools, nothing quite matches the soothing comfort of a hearty soup. A bowlful of heartiness that awakens the senses, offering contentment and flavour with every spoonful. One gluten-free recipe stands out for its creamy allure – Cheesy Cauliflower Soup.
Cauliflower and cheese are a pairing that require no introduction. This recipe brings them together in a soup that’s both satisfying and comforting. The smoothness of cauliflower melds seamlessly with the richness of cheese and cream, to create the ultimate winter warmer.
The Ultimate Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion peeled and chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 swede peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 L gluten-free vegetable stock
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve
- 150 ml cream
- pepper to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes,or until fragrant.Add chopped vegetables to the pan and cook,stirring,for another minute.
- Add stock to the saucepan.Bring mixture to the boil,then reduce heat,cover and simmer for 15 minutes,or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir through parmesan cheese, then remove soup from heat. Use a stick blender to puree until smooth.Divide soup between serving bowls, top with extra parmesan and cracked pepper.