You really can’t beat cheesecake for dessert and this gluten-free white chocolate & raspberry no-bake cheesecake by Becky Excell can be enjoyed all year round.
White Chocolate & Raspberry No-Bake Cheesecake
- 500 g mascarpone
- 100 g gluten-free icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream
- 250 g gluten-free white chocolate melted and just cooled, plus extra chunks to decorate
- 275 g fresh raspberries plus extra to decorate
- For the base
- 320 g gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 150 g butter melted
- First, make your base. In a food processor, blitz the digestive biscuits to a crumb-like texture (or pop into a zip-lock bag and bash them with a rolling pin). Add to a large bowl and pour in your melted butter. Mix well. Spoon the mixture into a round 20cm loose-bottomed or springform tin. Compact it into the base in an even layer, then chill in the fridge while you make your filling.
- I use a stand mixer to make the filling, but you can easily do this using an electric hand whisk, or even by hand. Place the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix on a low to medium speed for 10–20 seconds, then add the cream. At a medium speed, mix for 2 more minutes, or until it begins to firm up.
- Pour in the melted white chocolate and briefly mix until combined. Do not overmix as the mixture can split. It should end up as a nice, thick, spoonable consistency, not a pourable one. Gently fold in your raspberries until evenly dispersed. Spread your filling evenly on top of the chilled biscuit base and place in the fridge to chill for at least 5 hours, but ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove from the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Decorate with extra fresh raspberries and chunks of white chocolate.
- Cheesecake in a hurry? Reduce the mixture and use individual ramekins. These will take a lot less time to chill. If freezing, simply add the decoration once defrosted.