Minestrone is a classic Italian dish with a delicious blend of tomatoes, pasta and an assortment of vegetables – providing you with all the nutrients you need in one meal!. We take this recipe to the next level by adding juicy lamb meatballs for an extra flavourful kick. If you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food that’s both hearty and nutritious – look no further than our delicious version of minestrone soup with lamb meatballs.
Gluten-Free Minestrone With Meatballs
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and diced into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced into 1.5cm pieces
- 800 g canned gluten-free diced tomatoes
- 500 ml gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsps gluten-free tomato paste
- 2 tbsps gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 400 g canned gluten-free kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup gluten-free pasta spirals
- 12 gluten-free lamb meatballs
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange meatballs on prepared tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, stock, water, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender firm.
- Add beans and pasta to the soup and cook for a further 7 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Divide soup between serving bowls and serve topped with meatballs.